It's a Maritime Family Christmas Blog Hop!
Here is all of the information you'll need to participate in the upcoming Maritime Parenting Blog Hop.
*PLEASE NOTE: All posts in the hop must be new content and not published until the date and time of the hop. Please make sure you will be available Thursday, December 14 at 7:00 AM for any trouble shooting in case a link doesn't work in your post.
The concept is to share one or a few of your family's Christmas traditions, focusing on the kiddies of course! If there's anything local that can be spotlighted to emphasize the "Maritime Christmas" theme, such as community traditions, special regional mementos, brands you use, locations you visit, etc., even better!
- LINKS due in widget below: Wednesday, December 13 at NOON
- Posts go live: Thursday, December 14 at 7:00 AM
- Social Promotion: #MaritimeChristmas
Follow the steps to participate!
- Sign up on this spreadsheet with your name and idea by Thursday, December 7 so we are sure we have enough to run the hop (need a minimum of five people committed, no maximum)
- Find the link code options in this document to add to the end of your post. Try one, if that doesn't work, try another. It should populate with thumbnails of all the links included so far.
- Include a teaser at the top of your post that it’s a blog hop (with the promo image once it's available) and then a short intro sentence just before the thumbnail images at the end to encourage your readers to hop around.
- If you'd like your post to be included in the promo graphic (for Pinterest, blog sharing, etc.), please leave your POST URL and PHOTO URL on this spreadsheet no later than Monday, December 11 at noon (note, you do not need your post to be done, just the urls). If you need help doing this, see the Trouble Shooting links below.
- Please add your own link to the widget on the bottom of this page AND in the spreadsheet by Wednesday, December 13 at noon in order to be included in the hop.You will be adding your pre-live PERMALINK or SHORTCODE because your post will not be live yet (again, the troubleshooting links should help you find this info).
- Publish your post Thursday, December 14 at 7:00 AM. Please try to be available at that time to test that your post is live, the linky works, and then click through each link from your post to make sure there are no dead links.
**NOTE** Your post doesn't need to be written for Steps 1-4, but please make sure your link address will not change when it goes live.
Trouble Shooting Common Issues for WordPress (if you're on SquareSpace and need help, PM me)
This blog post is very helpful in how to get a permalink from WordPress: http://www.laurenwayne.com/2010/04/schedule-wordpress-post-get-permalink.html
And this one for getting an image url from WordPress: https://www.greengeeks.ca/tutorials/article/where-to-find-the-url-of-an-image-in-wordpress/